Welcome To Menopause Journey Education
By 2025, there will be over 1 billion women who are in menopause globally.
Menopause remains to be stigmatized. Women often feel dismissed and don’t know where to turn.
They can turn to you. I have developed a course to help you help women whether they already be your clients or if you would like to be part of the global movement of women helping women in menopause.
This course is open to Women’s Health Coaches, nurses, doctors or pelvic floor physiotherapists who want to expand their practice.
Description: Independent Evidence based Advance Practice Speciality RN in Women’s Intimate Health
This is an evidence-based HCP educational program that will allow:
- Participants to expand their knowledge so that they may better help women navigate menopause, before and beyond.
Prerequisites: Are you interested in helping women at menopause? Health Coach who is interested in expanding their knowledge and understanding of the common quality of life issues that occur before, during and after menopause.
Bio: Maureen McGrath RN is a Nurse Continence Advisor, Sexual Health Educator. She has been in clinical practice for 16 years, treating female patients at midlife who experience the many common health issues at menopause like hot flashes, night sweats, brain fog, anxiety, weight gain, leakage of urine, vaginal dryness and more.
Course Schedule: Self-directed learning and clinical consolidation workshop
the Through self-directed evidence-based on-line learning you will increase your knowledge of women’s health issues at menopause, learn the language and be able to speak to, coach and/or educate women about these issues and offer solutions.
This course is a learning program which examines, in an evidence-based approach, the presentation, pathophysiology, evaluation, interventions and impact on quality of life at menopause.
On-line theory and Zoom practice sessions including subjective/objective assessment and treatment of these conditions are included in the program.
Assessment and treatment recommendations specific to assessment findings will be part of your education. You will learn how to treat or better treat women with menopause health issues in your existing physician or pelvic floor physiotherapy practice or be able to set up a stand alone coaching practice in the area of women’s menopause and intimate health.
Note: RN’s and physiotherapists will collaborate with the GetCleopatra.com physicians.
The GetCleopatra.com program provides the Health Care Professionals and Coaches with education on how to educate on issues such as hot flashes, night sweats, urinary incontinence, constipation, low sexual desire, anorgasmia, vaginal dryness and vaginal pain conditions for proper conservative treatment and/or when to refer to a physician or a specialist.
Treatment techniques are supported by incontinence, constipation, vaginal dryness or Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause (GSM), sexual desire and pain peer reviewed literature.
dry i co At the end of the GetCleopatra.com course, the learner will:
- Understand the causes, prevalence, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology and clinical presentation of various conditions that affect a woman’s life at menopause.
- Assess, ascertain contributing factors and understand and provide options for women at menopause.
- Learn the benefits of menopausal tools.
- Be able to provide lifestyle and behavioural interventions.
- Have a solid understanding on how to speak to women about common intimate health issues that occur at menopause including but not limited to the various models of female sexual response cycle (sexual desire, arousal and orgasm) urinary incontinence, vaginal dryness, sexual pain and/or laxity and bowel issues.
- Assess and treat or make evidence-based treatment recommendations for vaginal health concerns.
- Understand the evidence-based information to educate women from a conservative perspective.
- Educate about vaginal dryness treatments.
- Be able to provide evidence-informed information about the treatment options such as medical or surgical for the above conditions.
- Understand the impact of these conditions on people’s lives in all aspects of bio-psychosocial function.
- Understand appropriate outcome measures.
- Provide summary report to family physician using the GetCleopatra.com template.
- Become a partner of the GetCleopatra Clinics.
- Learn how to do On-line visits and Documentation
- Urge Suppression / Bladder Retraining
- Quick Bladder Facts
- Bladder Function Review
- Urinary incontinence facts
- The Bladder
- Mixed Urinary Incontinence
- Facts about urine
- Types of Urinary Incontinence
- Types of Urinary Incontinence Defined
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Exercises - Kegels
- Assessment, Contributing Factors, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Basic Bladder Health
- Clinical Pathway
- Vaginal Health
- Sexual Health